Fundamentals for Child Care Businesses
This course is a six-week program designed to help child care providers in the state of Colorado to improve their business practices to both better serve their customers and promote their business sustainability with increased revenues. No prior business training is required, all are welcome! The class will meet online via Zoom, and participants are also invited to meet online one-on-one with an SBDC business consultant during and after the course for specific and continued training and support.
- Discover the mindset of a business owner
- Learn about considerations impacting your license
- Update your marketing and pricing strategy to optimize revenue
- Examine your current business structure
- Optimize your system for tracking finances
- Assess your business liability insurance policy
- Develop a business model that matches your goals
Child care providers can earn professional development hours through the Professional Development Information System (PDIS) by attending all training sessions. Please note, a recorded option and follow up with the trainer is available if you have to miss a live class. Consultations with Dawn are also eligible for points towards your quality rating.